As a mentor or coach of a FIRST® team, you empower students to be future gamechangers. You're working side by side with FIRST participants to build their leadership and problem-solving skills and, more importantly, their sense of belonging and self-confidence. Your contribution to the success of FIRST programs is immeasurable.
Build up the next generation of innovators as a FIRST mentor or coach.
As a mentor or coach you can:
- Teach others what you know
- Be inspired by the students
- Give back to your community
- Build your own skills and resume
Who are FIRST mentors and coaches?
- People from all backgrounds and disciplines who share their knowledge, whether it is technical or non-technical
- Someone who contributes on a weekly basis facilitating team meetings, helping the team set realistic goals and coordinate their work OR someone who supports the team with subject matter expertise on an as needed basis including assisting the team with topics such as programming questions, building skills, scholarships, business management, marketing, or fundraising
- An adviser who helps foster Gracious Professionalism® and FIRST Core Values in the students
[Borrowed from the FIRST website]